The Shepherd's Academy for Teaching Excellence
• • • • We are accepting applications for instructional and support staff for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a Christ-centered, fun, family environment. Full time (40 hours/week) positions afford employees health insurance, retirement plan matching contributions, tuition reimbursement (DECAL SCHOLARS scholarships), tuition discounts, paid professional development, annual incentives, and numerous other benefits. These staff and faculty positions require attendance at all school events (i.e., Information Nights, Festivals, Parent Teacher Organization Meetings, Conferences, etc.). We are recruiting interns and staff members for several early childhood education programs and private Christian schools.
All teachers and staff must
• Profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and maintain a membership in good standing in a local Christian congregation.
• Agree with our statement of faith.
• Agree with and be willing to support the school’s mission statement and related policies.
• Possess appropriate knowledge of subject matter and demonstrate the ability to teach.
• Have conviction regarding the significant value of the Christian Education mandate and STREAM approach to teaching.
Education & Certifications
• Child Development Associates credential or the equivalent for teaching birth to age eight
• Bachelor’s degree in one or more areas of instruction or a related field
• Preference will be given to those candidates who have at least three years of teaching experience and are ACSI certified or certifiable.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• First Aid and CPR training
• Experience with ABeka, BJU, Teaching Strategies curriculum is preferred
If you would like to be considered for an opening, please submit a cover letter and application with the necessary supporting documents to the executive director, Dr. Althea Penn at [email protected] While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
TEACHERS – full-time
We are seeking highly motivated teachers to add to our dream team. We need highly qualified teachers to partner with us to carry out the mission, vision and values of our school. We are accepting applications for preschool, elementary, middle And high school teaching positions. Minimum education includes a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 30 hours of content-area coursework, three years of experience, and ACSI certification or certifiable. Bilingual teachers with experience teaching ABeka curriculum are preferred.
HOMESCHOOL SUPPORT and SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS – full day or partial day
Come spend the day with us! The Shepherd’s Academy is hiring full day or half day teachers. This position would entail being available on occasion between the hours of 7:00 – 6:00 Monday through Friday to substitute as needed or teach a regular university model course for 1st-12th grade students. Whenever you are contacted about substituting, you may accept the day or turn it down if it did not fit your schedule for that day. You would carry out the mission, vision, and values of the school as well as be a strong Christian role model and positive motivator in the student’s life. Education and experience requirements are the same as regular teachers.
FINE ARTS INSTRUCTORS (MANY AREAS SEE BELOW) – part-time
We are hiring part-time fine arts instructors in the areas of private instrumental lessons ( piano, guitar, drums, etc.) and dance. We are also hiring music, dance, and art instructors for both group and private instruction.
EARLY LEARNING (LEAD AND ASSISTANT TEACHERS) – part-time
The Shepherd’s Academy is hiring full and part-time lead and assistant teachers for morning and afternoon shifts. If you are passionate about serving the next generation and raising them up to follow the Lord, we may have just the position for you! The ideal candidate would love the Lord, feel called to work with small children and infants, have current first Aid/CPR training, be responsible, flexible, patient and have great communication skills. Candidates for lead teaching positions must have a Bachelor’s, Associates, or Technical certificate in early childhood education or a Child Development Associate credential. Bilingual teachers with experience teaching ABeka curriculum are preferred.
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR INTERNSHIP
The Development Director is responsible to carry out the day-to-day functions of institutional development within the school in order to build and maintain a support base to perpetuate and advance the mission of the school. The intern will serve aminimum of 20 hours each week in building a donor base and writing grant funding proposals. Prefer a candidate with experience in mission-driven giving, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and managements (including non-profit boards).
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
Under the supervision of the Principal, provides support to the principal in a wide range of office and school operations; coordinates and organizes office activities and coordinates flow of communications and information for the Principal; provides support by planning, organizing, supervising and participating in the school office administrative operation; maintains confidentiality of sensitive and personal information; prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities.
FACILITIES STEWARD and INCIDENT COMMANDER – full-time
We want to be good stewards of God’s property, and as such we’d like to have a staff member liaison with the Church facilities manager. The candidate should also have a security background and current fire safety and first aid/CPR training.